ONUG to Address Real World Deployments in SDN
Tutorials on White Box Networking, Virtual Networks, Integrating OpenFlow and OpenStack, Writing SDN Applications, and Getting Started with OpenFlow Included in the ONUG Academy
October 2, 2013 – Boston – The Open Networking User Group (ONUG) will feature real-word deployments and ONUG community-delivered use cases to guide standards, open source, and vendor community investments. The ONUG use cases will be incorporated into RFIs and RFQs to ensure that open networking solutions address real world business problems. IT executives reviewing, planning, piloting or deploying open networking solutions are invited to join ONUG Fall 2013 to be held October 29-30, 2013 in New York City, hosted by JPMorgan Chase.
ONUG is a community comprised of IT executives that are leveraging the power of their engineering and procurement to influence the pace and deployment of open networking solutions. ONUG is led by a Board of Directors composed of IT leaders from Bank of America, Citigroup, Fidelity Investments, GAP Inc., JPMorgan Chase, UBS, and Nick Lippis of the Lippis Report.
“The past year has seen a flurry of SDN and NFV activity in the industry from vendors large and small. ONUG fills a key role in the ecosystem by offering tutorials from recognized experts to the industry and providing an interactive opportunity for IT business leaders to learn and share real-world deployments with other IT executives,” said Roy Chua, Partner and Co-Founder at SDNCentral.
ONUG Academy Tutorials on October 29th offer industry executives a deep dive into:
- Integrating OpenFlow and OpenStack– Rob Sherwood, ONF Chair, Architecture and Framework Working Group
- Understanding White Box Networking Architecture and Economics– J.R. Rivers, CEO and co-founder, Cumulus Networks
- Getting Started with OpenFlow Deployments– Brent Salisbury, University of Kentucky, Network Architect
- Understanding and Deploying Virtual Networks– Srini Seetharaman, Technical Lead for SDN, Deutsche Telecom
- Writing SDN Applications on Popular Controllers– Matt Davy, Principal Solutions Architect and Chuck Black, Principal Software Architect, Tallac Networks
ONUG Conference on October 30th features IT executive speakers evaluating, piloting or deploying programmable networks, SDN, OpenFlow, network overlays, white box, network visualization or virtualization solutions including:
- Greg Lavender and Harmen Van der Linde, Citigroup
- Ernest Lefner, Bank of America
- Michael Payne, JPMorgan Chase
- Keith Shinn, Fidelity Investments
- Najam Ahmad, Facebook
- John Considine, Verizon Terremark
- Shamim Akhtar, Comcast
“ONUG provides a platform for IT business leaders to take control of their IT architecture to influence vendor product development investments, standards and open source initiatives through prioritized use cases, product test methodology, and benchmarks to assure the promise of open networking,” said Nick Lippis, ONUG Chairman and Co-Founder. “Hosted this year by JPMorgan Chase and last year by Fidelity, and backed by many collective IT engineering teams and budgets, ONUG sends a strong message to vendors, standards and open source organizations that open networking today is customer driven.”
Vendors participating in the demonstration showcase at ONUG Fall 2013 will showcase real world deployments of open networking solutions and include: Adara Networks, Anuta Networks, Arista Networks, Cisco, cPacket Networks, Cumulus Networks, Embrane, Extreme Networks, Gigamon, Glue Networks, HP, IBM, Ixia, NEC, Nuage Networks, OpenDaylight, PLUMgrid, Stateless Networks, vArmour, Vello Systems and VSS Monitoring.
To register for ONUG, click here.
Mari Mineta Clapp Mira Genser Woods
(408) 398-6433 (617) 513-7020